Financial matters: Jill Kerby

Financial matters: Jill Kerby
A backpacker plan might suffice for a gap-year student or independent traveller, but it won’t cover you if you’re working abroad Pic: Getty

Protect yourself in Australia

Last week, red lights started flashing when I heard these words: “Don’t worry, Mum, we have it all sorted out.” They were said by my 25-year-old son, who declared: “We’re covered in Australia by a reciprocal health service agreement and we’re going to buy backpacker insurance.”

A comprehensive backpacker plan might be sufficient for the gap-year student or young person taking a year off to trek around beach resorts in Asia and...

Subscribe from just 1€

Exclusive offers

Choose the subscription that is right for you

Monthly Subscription


For the first month

€19.99 Monthly Thereafter

Subscribe today

Cancel anytime

Annual Subscription


For the first year

€199.99 annually thereafter

Subscribe today

Cancel anytime

Quarterly Subscription


For the first 90 days

€55.00 quarterly Thereafter

Subscribe today

Cancel anytime

These offers are not available for current subscribers. Offers and pricing are subject to change without notice.

Terms & Conditions Apply

Please Subscribe or Log in to continue

Subscribe Login

Related Articles

More from The Business Post