Financial matters: Jill Kerby
Protect yourself in Australia
Last week, red lights started flashing when I heard these words: “Don’t worry, Mum, we have it all sorted out.” They were said by my 25-year-old son, who declared: “We’re covered in Australia by a reciprocal health service agreement and we’re going to buy backpacker insurance.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.