Financial matters: Jill Kerby
Dealing with life after a Lotto win
If you don’t want a big lottery win to change your lives . . . don’t buy EuroMillions tickets. And if you do win, don’t go public. This sage advice (from someone who never does the Lotto) has come too late for the Sheridan family, the syndicate of six sisters and brother who bought last Wednesday’s winning €175,475,380 ticket. But they are beyond naive if they think this massive jackpot isn’t going to change their lives and those of everyone they know. It will.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.