How to offset the cost of voting to save the planet
Carbon taxes will rise in the next budget, and we will all be hit hard in the pocket – unless we adapt our behaviour
The walk home on election night nine days ago was a revelation. I met neighbours who were happy to admit that for the first time ever they’d given their first preference to the Green candidates in both the local and European contests.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.