Brian Keegan: Is Ireland a tax haven within a tax haven?
Our corporation tax system is aligned with all of the important EU and international norms, except for the rate
There’s always one, isn’t there? One begrudger, one individual with one awkward question. The other week, for the Taoiseach in the European Parliament, the begrudger was Green MEP Philippe Lamberts from Belgium. He was the one using the “tax haven” expression.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive