Ireland defends ’90s Apple tax deal
The deal was brokered amid fears that multinationals would leave Ireland when the export sales relief – which allowed tax reliefs on goods sold outside of Ireland – was ended. It delivered long-standing tax benefits to the companies involved.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive