Technology can trip up even blue-chip companies
Recent setbacks for WPP and Provident Financial are useful case studies from which investors can learn
Technological disruption of business models is not new, but the pace of disruption appears to be accelerating – sometimes in the most unexpected places. One of the most obvious places at the outset was the newspaper industry. One of the least obvious, but one which hit the headlines in recent days, was a doorstep lender listed (until last week) on the Ftse 100.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive