INM’s best hope is to go private
Struggling Indo can be saved by owners with vision – like the venture capitalists who turned around the Radio Times
What’s to become of the Indo? Until a fortnight ago, when rumour of a sale surfaced, INM was valued at just under €100 million. This is a company with over €80 million in cash, which thus put a notional value on the business of around €20 million. It’s a sad position for a once-great media company, whose founding fathers must be turning in their graves.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.