INM needs true independence at the top
Independent News & Media must resist the temptation to appoint an associate of billionaire Denis O’Brien as its next chairman
Who will replace Leslie Buckley when he steps down as chairman of Independent News & Media, after a tumultuous seven years that saw him ejected as a director, reappointed as chairman, involved in a spectacular scrap with former chief executive Robert Pitt and embroiled in an investigation by the state’s corporate enforcement watchdog?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive