Ian Kehoe: Our selection of interviews and profiles from 2014 reflect the changes and events of the last 12 months
David McWilliams has always been quick to spot a trend. Writing in his column in this newspaper in September, McWilliams gathered a string of unrelated stories to make a broader point about Ireland’s tentative economic recovery. “I woke up on Friday thinking we must be back to the good times. Morning Ireland was gushing about rising property prices, the ruling party is back to blatant cronyism and there was a mega cocaine bust off the south coast,” McWilliams wrote. “If anything sums up 2006, it’s property porn, cronyism and cocaine! It feels like it again, but this time it’s different.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive