Hybrid sales help Toyota pip Hyundai to top spot
Figures show 15,530 new Toyotas were registered in Ireland last year
The increasing popularity of hybrid vehicles was a key factor in helping Toyota overtake its nearest rival Hyundai to become the top-selling new car brand here last year, according to Toyota Ireland chief executive Steve Tormey.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive