How to cut your inheritance tax
Capital acquisitions tax (CAT) thresholds are very low, but could change in the upcoming budget
You must make a tax return if the total value of gifts and inheritances you have received in one of the groups below, since December 5, 1991, is more than 80 per cent of the tax-free threshold for that group:
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive