Hotel chief ‘spitting blood’ over threat to restore Vat rate
The government is facing the prospect of a major battle over its plans to axe the special 9 per cent Vat rate, with the country’s largest hotelier this weekend saying he is “spitting blood” over the idea.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive