High flying Corcoran cashes in his chips
Opinion is divided over why Breon Corcoran left a job that made him an estimated €50 million fortune
For a long time, the whiteboard outside Breon Corcoran’s office displayed a handwritten number. Nobody in Paddy Power’s headquarters knew what it meant, other than that it changed regularly. At last, one of Corcoran’s team asked him what it meant. “Finally, finally, an inquisitive mind!” he replied loudly enough to be heard across the room outside. “That’s the number of days I’ve been working for Paddy Power!”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive