Help us, help you
We are ready to build but the numbers don’t add up, housebuilding firm insists
Abbey, the housebuilding firm majority owned by the Gallagher family, wants to get back to building as many as 400 houses a year in Ireland, but believes that properties are too cheap and costs are too high right now.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive