Green policies have often been a killer of electability - but now that we’re in an extinction-level crisis, we need to move the green question outside politics altogether.
‘We all know what to do – we just don’t know how to get re-elected after we’ve done it.” Outgoing EU Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker was describing the solution to the euro crisis, but he could have been describing the climate crisis facing the world. We know how to fix this problem.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.