Global chaos can’t slow down a buoyant and robust art market
Supermodels, movie stars, chief executives and multimillionaires descended on Miami last week to snap up art masterpieces
A pair of hands - cuffed and protruding from a wall as they clutch a wad of cash - intrigued Wilbur Ross. The US commerce secretary asked the gallery to email him more information about the 2009 sculpture created by Swiss artist Fredy Hadorn, who titled it Made Off because it was inspired by Bernard Madoff’s Ponzi scheme.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive