Karl Deeter: The funds will go where the banks fear to tread
For all the complaining and emotive language surrounding vultures, they are more helpful to those in arrears than the banks
Irish mortgage arrears remain stubbornly high and we are regularly bombarded with headlines citing a ‘tsunami of repossessions’ or whatever other emotive language the proponent of the idea is using to make the impending doom seem as horrible as possible.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.