Four challenges facing Lane’s Central Bank
Stephen Kinsella takes a look at some issues likely to arise in the near future
No economy in Europe exhibits the same volatility as Ireland. We boom, we bust. We do it all the time. Even compared to countries like Greece, Spain and Portugal, we are all over the place. This is because of our openness as an economy, and because of the way previous governments have spent the surpluses of a growing economy, buying off any lobby group making a loud enough noise.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.