Prizefighter: 'This pro boxing, it's a big bad world'
Michael Conlan on the road from Rio to Las Vegas
The office belongs to Bob Arum, and Michael Conlan walks into it not knowing what to expect. He’d originally planned to go to Las Vegas with his younger brother Seán, purely for the blowout and to try and wash away the bile-like aftertaste of the Rio Olympics, but then everything changed. It’s because of what he’s done, because of what he is, because of what he could be, that has transformed what was supposed to be a holiday into some big and life-changing business.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive