Fallen king: The legend of Tony O'Reilly
Biographer Matt Cooper explores the contradictions of a complex tycoon
Tony O’Reilly was the most significant and powerful media owner in the country for a period of nearly 40 years, as well as seemingly the country’s wealthiest man. This gave rise to legitimate concerns about his exercise of that power.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive