Exclusive guide by Alan Moore: How to pass on your assets
From making a will to maximising reliefs, there are many ways to avoid the pitfalls of inheritance
You must make a tax return if the total value of gifts and inheritances you have received in one of the groups A, B or C, since December 5, 1991, is more than 80 per cent of the tax-free threshold for that group:
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive