The enduring economic miracle of UCD football
Watched by small crowds and run on a minuscule budget, the club still develops emerging talent
When asked why he attended UCD football games, the late Dermot Morgan replied: “Because I hate crowds”. I recalled these words last Wednesday when I sat in torrential rain watching UCD beat Molde FK 2-1 in the UEFA Youth League.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.