Where do employees stand in terms of payment when extreme weather strikes?
One-off weather events can prevent people turning up for work, yet in strict legal terms there is no obligation to pay them when this happens, writes Katie Ridge
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive