Irish investors tend to be homebirds, but indirect exposure to overseas markets can be highly profitable
We all like to make a fast buck as well as an opportunity to accumulate wealth over the longer term. But I suspect most private investors don’t consider the broad landscape of investment opportunities open to them. So few private Irish investors want to extend their investments beyond property, and fewer still want to extend their risk appetite beyond our shores.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.