‘While €220 million might seem like a lot, spread across two million income taxpayers it doesn’t amount to very much'
The amount of money available for new tax reliefs in Budget 2018 won’t buy a lot for individual taxpayers
The brightest part of last Wednesday’s Summer Economic Statement (SES) is to be found in the first paragraph. Seven out of the ten jobs lost during the great recession have now been, in the words of the SES, clawed back. After that I’m afraid, the SES goes rapidly downhill.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive