Dublin office giant upbeat despite stamp duty hike
Hibernia Reit says budget increase would have knocked more than €50m off value of its property portfolio
One of the budget measures which attracted most attention – and most criticism, from the property sector at least – was the hike in stamp duty on commercial property from 2 per cent to 6 per cent.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.