The superjumbo A380 is flying into retirement. Christopher Jasper explains why Airbus is calling time on the double-decker
Airbus took the drastic measure of terminating its flagship A380 superjumbo last week, with the last double-deckers due to roll off the production line in 2021.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive