Don’t be spooked by market wobbles
The best way to offset risk is to take a long-term view and remain diversified, writes Patrizia Libotte
Financial markets have enjoyed almost a decade of stellar returns on the back of concerted monetary stimulus from Central Banks globally. But the ultra-easy policies that have fuelled the bull-run in equities and other risk assets are now shifting into reverse: in the US, the Federal Reserve has been steadily increasing interest rates and in Europe, the ECB has committed to end quantitative easing by the end of this year.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive