Why the dollar will weaken – and what it means for Ireland
If the US dollar depreciates, other currencies will strengthen, not least the euro
Last January, the US Federal Reserve left its key rate on hold at 2.5 per cent and announced it was pausing its rate-hiking cycle. This was widely expected by financial markets, and did not result in significant US dollar weakness.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive