Dirt: a limited incentive for first-time buyers relief
Comment: Dirt tax relief for first-time buyers is a drop in the ocean compared to reliefs previously available
First-time buyers using savings account monies for a deposit for purchasing a house, apartment, or a self-build property, may be able to get a refund of the Deposit Interest Retention Tax (Dirt) paid on that account.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.