Development at Airbus was linked to EU subsidies
The World Trade Organisation has ruled that the EU failed to eliminate billions of dollars in illegal aid to Airbus. It ruled that development of the Airbus A350, which competes with Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner, was dependent on “direct and indirect effects” of EU subsidies. The ruling could be a major boon to US planemaker Boeing and comes after a 12-year battle on the issue.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.