Depfa looks to speed up closure as first-half losses rise
Depfa, the Dublin-headquartered German bank, has reported a wider first-half loss as it continues to assess ways to speed up its closure. The bank, which was one of the first victims of the global financial crisis, last week reported a first-half loss of €18 million from a prior year loss of €1 million as a result of lower interest income on loans.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive