Dalata’s McCann wants regulation of Airbnb and no budget Vat increase
Hotel chief says he is concerned about the effect of ‘commercial’ Airbnb on the property market
Dalata, the country’s largest hotel group, is calling for further taxation and regulation to be imposed on Airbnb and for the reduced Vat rate for the hospitality industry to be maintained in the budget on October 10.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive