Constantin Gurdgiev: There will be blood...
A global glut of oil has weighed on prices, and other commodities are also under pressure
At a recent investors’ conference in Moscow, I was invited to take part in a panel debate on the new trends in the global commodities trade. The discussion was sombre, weighted down by the bearish reality. Then, in a moment of Rothschildian catharsis, one of the panel participants exclaimed that now’s the time to buy commodities, since “there’s blood in the streets”. The audience, hungry for any good news, erupted with a cheer.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive