A collective sigh of relief from mortgage holders?
Inside the plan to save mortgage holders from vulture funds
Mortgage arrears is a continually contested terrain, a constant battlefield between the constraining influence of moral hazard and the creative compassion of write-offs. It is a battle that is both philosophical and political, and Ireland has grappled with it since boom became bust close to a decade ago.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive