Cevian may bring new perspectives to CRH
Far from fearing activist investor Cevian, CRH shareholders will likely see it as a real asset to the company
The first instinct of management and shareholders when stake-building in a company is revealed is to suspect that the stakebuilder is intent on a full-blown takeover. Hence the excitement last week when it was revealed that Cevian, the Swedish venture capital company, was building a stake in CRH.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive