BT boss: Give 5G four years and it will reach the most remote of rural areas
5G is a viable alternative to fibre in rural areas according to BT’s managing director of IT, but she doesn’t expect the technology to be mainstream for another four years.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive