Britain still dancing to Europe’s tune on tax
If Britain wants to collect £600bn of tax in the next year, it may have to do what the EU wants for a while yet
Six hundred billion pounds is a colossal amount of taxation. Nevertheless, according to a Whitehall briefing that I attended the other week, that is how much Britain’s revenue authority proposes to collect in the year to April 5, 2018.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.