Brian Keegan: The Tax Take
As income tax return filing season looms, thankfully it is not a plague on all our houses
Autumn. Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness? Maybe. Along with the natural cycle Keats described, there are man-made cycles around this time of year which are considerably less enticing. Leaving Cert results are followed in rapid succession by CAO offers, the end of summer holidays, the return to schools and colleges. And for several years, like a wasp buzzing round a room, the constant reminders from Revenue on the radio that it’s income tax return filing season.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.