Brian Keegan: The Tax Take
Recent scandals have beset a sector which seems to have partly lost its way
Charity is a word that has particular resonance with Irish people. We are proud of our status as a charitable nation, in the same way as we are proud of our record of producing great artists and poets and playwrights and international athletes and teams, and even of our record as football supporters. Irish people support charities almost without exception.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.