British retailers weather first post-Brexit Christmas
Figures ease fears after Next shock, but store chiefs warn of pressures ahead
After last week’s profit warning from British fashion retailer Next, the market spotlight today turned to what was being described as a retail ‘Super Thursday’, with a flurry of figures from some of the top names on Britain’s high street, many of which also have a significant Irish presence.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive