Ian Kehoe: The blame game with no shortage of players
Ireland and Nama need to look in the mirror - the housing calamity is of our own making
Before we ascribe blame, let’s start with the uncontested facts. Ireland’s housing calamity is a generational event; it is affecting mobility, demography and the economy. We have no idea how acute this calamity is, as inept housing numbers render government ignorant to the number of new houses built in the last five years. This means we cannot plan properly.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive