Big buys swell CRH's first-half profits
American momentum and European recovery helping business, says chief executive
Building materials group CRH has reported a big jump in pre-tax profits for the first half of this year, with a better than expected figure of €407m. This compares with a profit of €63m in the same period a year earlier, though this year's figure was boosted by significant acquisitions last year.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive