Beware of the myth of Europe’s renaissance
The current eurozone boom is not sustainable, and putting all our faith in Brussels is not a good idea
In the wake of the major shifts in international and domestic policy in Washington, the European Union has become a new geopolitical and global trade leader, boosted by its robust democratic institutions, stable internationalist policies and an economy that is, allegedly, experiencing a new renaissance.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive