Banks’ bad behaviour not affecting customers’ choice of mortgage provider
Reputational damage from the tracker scandal doesn’t seem to have translated into less business for the worst offenders
As festive cheer flowed in December 2015, the Central Bank was sending Yuletide greetings of its own. Three days before Christmas, it announced that it had written to lenders “requiring them to put in place a robust plan and framework” to carry out a major review of tracker mortgages.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.