Ask Emma: The taxing issue of renting out a room on Airbnb
Question: I live close to UCD in Dublin, and usually rent a room in my home to a college student each year. However, given that we live quite close to the city centre, I was thinking that I might start renting out the room to tourists instead, using Airbnb. What are the tax implications?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive