An Apple a day, or the Apple bites back
A column from the trenches of the civil service
How did it come to this? US companies employ 250,000 people, directly and indirectly, in Ireland. The American Chamber of Commerce Ireland boasts that $280 billion has been invested in the Irish economy by US companies over the past ten years. Yet one of the largest seems to be falling out of love with us.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive