Airbnb boss tried to meet Taoiseach over legal crackdown
Varadkar was ‘not in a position to meet’ company co-founder Brian Cheskey, FOI records show
The billionaire co-founder of Airbnb sought to meet Leo Varadkar ahead of a government crackdown on short-term lettings aimed at tackling the chronic rental market shortage.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive