Advisory body calls for “credible” economic plan
The report noted the country still has one of the highest debt burdens in Europe
The government has been issued with a stark warning by its council of economic advisers urging caution in October’s budget as the economy is potentially growing too fast and risks overheating.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive