A cashless society?
The elimination of cash from all transactions is an idea that could become a reality in Ireland in the not-too-distant future
Sweden could soon be a totally cashless society. Cash payments made up only 2 per cent of payments in the country in 2015 and the Swedish central bank is now considering introducing a digital, virtual currency, the eKrona.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive